Translate

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Over The Moon

Typically, I like to project a fairly calm, well-composed affect as I present myself to the world. But last night, at the Soho Photo Gallery (15 White Street, NYC) opening which included a showing of my work, I was really pumped! Not only did the gallery do an exceptional job of presenting my pieces, but lots of friends made a special effort to make it downtown on a night that was rainy and cold.

Equally as gratifying, two of the portrait subjects were able to attend the opening. Below is a snap of me (doing my best to sustain my usual "calm" look) and Sarah Watson (who was brimming with high enthusiasm). Although you wouldn't guess from my expression, I was absolutely over the moon.

I'll be at the gallery on Saturday, April 11th, from 1 to 6,  if anyone would like to stop on over, take a look at the work and shmooze a bit. (The trip is well worth it; the other work in the gallery by six other photographers is really exceptional.)

The show runs through May 2nd. Hope you can make it

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

proud of my one and only nephew...

Unknown said...

Thanks, Uncle Joey!!

Anonymous said...

I was honored to be invited to share the wonderful evening of seeing Robert's work on display at the
Gallery. I've been a huge fan of his portraits for years and am in awe of his aesthetic ability and technique. I experience the poignancy, intensity, and magnetic quality of his images astounding. They resonate with me and keep returning in my memory. You knock me out, Bob!
My wishes to you for well deserved continued success.
Much love,
Alice
Creative Interiors

Don Parsons said...

Great Robert!

Love your work and that it's in B & W.

Very inspiring and fun to look at your pictures.

Don